Public, Private, or Hybrid Cloud – Where Should Your Apps Live?
Recent projections that the majority of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2018 may be optimistic, but there’s no doubt we’re at a cloud adoption tipping point. At Dell EMC we’re seeing three drivers of wide scale application migration to public and private cloud environments in the enterprise:
- ‘Cloud first’ and ‘cloud only’ policies. With most new apps going to the cloud, cloud first policies are causing CIOs to also assess what existing apps they can move out of the data center. A Dell EMC client in the fast food restaurant industry is starting with the question “why not.” Rather than prove a legacy workload is suitable for public cloud they are starting with the assumption that it is.
- Post-merger integration. In conjunction with a recent acquisition a client in the medical technology space is seeking to rationalize and assess cloud migration opportunities for nearly 2,000 applications across 20 data centers. Before determining the go forward data center strategy, the client wants to know what workloads can be migrated out to the cloud.
- IT cost reduction. Dell EMC is currently helping a leading industrial products company identify opportunities to reduce cost through migrating applications in two data centers and 6,000 servers to the cloud.
While developing a cloud migration strategy is manageable for small portfolios, for large global enterprises with hundreds or thousands of applications it’s a different story. Cloud migration analysis at scale requires enterprises to ensure standards, rules and policies are consistently applied across the portfolio, while doing so in a timeframe that’s responsive to business stakeholders and their needs.
Join us at Dell EMC World as we delve into strategies and best practices for assessing cloud suitability and placement at scale. “Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud – Where Should Your Apps Live” is on Thursday, October 20 from 8:00 to 9:00 am We’ll help you answer key questions like:
- What’s the right investment strategy for our applications?
- What applications should we consider modernizing for cloud native architectures and platforms?
- What’s the right cloud delivery model for our applications?
- What are the key considerations for cloud suitability? What are the key business, technical, operational and security considerations?
- We have multiple public cloud service providers and private cloud environments. How do we determine optimal placement of our applications?
- How can we automate the analysis of our portfolio? Can we can determine a robust cloud migration strategy in a matter of weeks, not years?
Dell EMC Services brings a unique set of skills, experience and tools to help even the largest enterprise migrate their application portfolios to the cloud. Join this session and learn how we can help.